Monday, December 17, 2007

Christina Ricci Chimes in on Speed Racer

Christina Ricci as Trixie, flying her helilcopter
MovieWeb.com sat down with Christina Ricci (Trixie) and was able to talk Speed Racer.
She has seen a clip reel that the Wachowski Brothers put together, and says, "Oh, God, it is amazing. I know it sounds kind of cliche to say it looks like nothing you have ever seen before. But that is the truth. They have filmed all of the driving scenes in a new way, and they really exciting. The film also has a great emotional element too it. It is very fun. It will be the true definition of an event movie."

About her character, she told me, "Trixie is a ...great role model for girls. She gets to do all of the same things the boys get to do. She fights, she drives, she even flies a helicopter. I would say that this is the most fun I have ever had on a set. I hope we get to do it again."

So, there will be a sequel? "I hope so. I would do it again in a minute if they asked." (source)

No comments:

There"s More....

...just click on the "Older Posts" button above to start browsing the Speed Racer Archives